Terms and Conditions
⬤ Your right to cancel
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a contract during the period set out below in clause 2 (c). This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the contract is available from your local consumer protection agency or regulator.
- However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software, once these products are unsealed after you receive them
- any products made to your specification or which are personalised
- any Products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery
- products that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
- the supply of accommodation, transport of goods, vehicle rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance.
- Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the date of the dispatch confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
|Your Contract||End of the cancellation period|
|Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).||The end date is the end of 14 days days after the day on which you receive the Product.|
Your Contract is for either of the following:
|The end date is 14 days days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered.|
|Your Contract is for the regular delivery of a Product over a set period.||The end date is 14 days days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the Products.|
- To cancel a contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the Returns form on our website.
- If you cancel your contract we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
- refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method).
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
- if you have received the product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days days after the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 2.3;
- if you have not received the product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract.
- If you have returned the products to us under this clause 2 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the products in 14 days, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We will generally refund you by the same method that you use to make payment.
- If a product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your contract:
- then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You should send it back to the address set out in our Contact details section;
- unless the product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 2(i)), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery. If we have offered to collect the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
⬤ Damaged or defective goods
- You should inspect the goods when you receive them for defects or damage. If you find that they are already defective or damaged, you should tell us as soon as possible using the contact details given above in the Contact details section.
- As a consumer you have certain legal rights in relation to the quality of the products that we supply and we have a legal duty to supply products that are in accordance with our contract with you. These rights are not affected by the cancellation rights set out above. For details of those legal rights, please contact your local consumer protection agency or regulator.
⬤ General information about the return of goods
- Please send all returns to us at the address set out in the Contact details section with a covering letter, stating your order reference number, together with a copy of the original delivery note.
- Whenever you return goods to us, please try as far as possible to take care when opening the packaging. If you are able to return them in their original packaging, this may save you having to buy alternative packaging in which to return the goods.
- Until goods are returned to/collected by us, you have a legal obligation to retain possession of the goods and to take reasonable care of them while they are in your possession. We recommend that you return goods by recorded delivery and we advise you to ensure the goods are adequately insured during the return journey.
Our goal is to dispatch your online order as soon as possible but please allow several working days during sale periods for the shipment to leave our warehouses.
- Our standard delivery rates are contained within the online checkout summary for your product(s).
- We deliver using third-party couriers and delivery providers, which may require signature on delivery. If you are not home to receive your delivery, a note may be left for you indicating the pick-up location where you can collect it. We reserve the right to cancel your order and charge you for the costs we incur as a result and/or to charge you for any additional costs we incur in storing the goods if you fail to collect them within 14 days days after the date on which we first attempted to deliver them to you.
- Please ensure your shipping address is where you will be during business hours. If you request for your order to be left at your home delivery address, and a signature or physical handoff of the product is not possible, HHCworld is not liable to replace the order should your order, for whatever reason, be stolen or lost after it has been delivered.
- We recommend that customers have their parcels sent to (the "ship to" location) a daytime address where parcels can be signed for and/or physically received.
- We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause [2.10] of our Terms and Conditions of Sale for our responsibilities when this happens.
- We deliver to the locations listed in our delivery destinations. However there are restrictions on some products for certain Delivery Destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering products.
- Delivery of an order shall be completed when we deliver the products to the address you gave us and the products will be your responsibility from that time.
- If we miss the delivery deadline for any products then you may cancel your order straight away if any of the following apply:
- we have refused to deliver the products;
- delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
- If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 1.2(g), you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your Order if we do not meet the new deadline.
- If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under clause 1.2(g) or clause 2(c), you can do so for just some of the products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your Order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled products and their delivery.
- Depending on your Delivery Destination your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. We try and include all applicable duties and taxes in our rates where possible. However, please note that for deliveries outside of delivery destinations we have no control over these charges and we cannot guarantee that we will accurately predict their amount. Ultimately, these are the responsibility of the customer. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you any such law.
We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website.
We may revise this policy from time to time and will post any changes on this web page. You should check this page as the changes will apply to any data we collect after the change. Reasonable changes will also apply to data collected before the change.
The hhcworld.eu is operated by Canalogy s.r.o.
The Site may contain links to and from other websites, including sites operated by third parties. We have no control over those websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, note that they should have their own privacy policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to or through those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or their policies.
⬤ Personal Information We May Collect
In the course of using the Site, we may collect, keep and process personal information from you. This includes:
- Contact details such as your name, postal and email addresses and a contact telephone number. This is collected when you create an account on the Site, if you contact us by sending us an email or filling in a form on the Site, or if you place an order.
- Payment details (such as debit / credit card details), when you place an order.
- Records of any correspondence between you and us.
- Details of orders placed by you through the Site and details of any resulting contracts.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
It is possible to view the Site without providing personal details. However, without providing your details, you will not be able to receive further communications from us, place orders or use other Site functionality.
You must ensure that any personal information you provide is true, accurate and complete. It is also your responsibility to let us know about any changes to your personal information so that we can ensure our records are complete and up-to-date.
We will never ask you to confirm any personal details, login details or payment details by email. If you receive an email asking for any such information which appears to be from us, do not respond to it. It may be an attempt to obtain those details for fraud.
⬤ Other Information Collected by Us
Whenever you browse the Site, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the device you use to access the Site.
This information does not include your identity even if certain data such as your IP address may be considered in certain countries such as France as identifying you indirectly. However, if you have logged into an account on the Site at the time that we record this information, we will be able to match these details back to you.
The information includes:
- The date and time you access the Site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a 'session' on the Site and how long you were on the Site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be the domain name of your internet service provider such as BT.com or your place of work) and the 'IP' address (a number assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web) which allows you to access the Site.
- The web browser you use and your device's operating system.
- The site you were on before you linked to the Site (for example, Google).
Your consent will be sought as and where required under applicable law.
⬤ How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Making the Site available for you and delivering to you the functions, products and services offered through the Site;
- Processing any orders that you submit through the Site, and performing our obligations under any contracts which may result from those orders;
- Information you provide in response to surveys may be used for market research;
- If you have consented to receiving marketing communications, we may contact you to inform you about promotions, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Helping us to understand what products and services our customers like or may wish to receive, to improve our existing products and services and to develop new products and services; and
- Details of your visits to the Site may be used to help us understand how users use the Site, to analyse the effectiveness of campaigns, to optimise the Site and to help us improve the Site and our products and services generally.
⬤ Storage of Personal Information
Any personal information that you choose to provide to us will be held on a secure computer server. The server software encrypts all the information you supply us, and payment transactions are also encrypted using SSL technology. No credit card information is ever kept on this site; a secure third party payment gateway is used.
Due to the international nature of our business, your personal information may be processed by us or our service providers worldwide (including at locations outside of the European Economic Area). This will only take place for the purposes set out in the "How we use your information" section above. By submitting personal information to us, you consent to this processing.
⬤ Disclosures of Information
We may disclose your information to the following third parties in connection with the purposes described above in the "How we use your information" section:
- our affiliated or associated companies;
- third parties who provide products and services to us or on our behalf, for example contractors used to host, operate and maintain the Site on our behalf or to process and fulfil orders that you place with us and to take payments for these orders;
- to the extent permitted by local applicable law, credit reference agencies such as Experian, and other providers of financial or transaction service in connection with the processing of transactions and for fraud screening;
- any organisation that we appoint to handle email or other direct marketing communications;
- any other third party, if this is reasonably required in order to assist you with any enquiry, or to process or fulfil the purchase of any order that you have submitted via the Site.
Where you have consented to us disclosing your personal information to selected companies to enable them to market their goods or services to you then we may also provide your information to these companies who will themselves act as data controllers for the information they receive.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- if we wish to sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the buyer or any prospective buyer of such business or assets under strict confidentiality rules;
- if we are under a legal duty to disclose your personal information; or
- if any applicable law otherwise permits us to do so. For example, the law generally permits us to disclose personal information for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime, where necessary in connection with legal proceedings and for a number of other reasons.
We may share generalised information about site visitor patterns with third parties. However, we will not provide information to them which allows them to identify individual visitors.
⬤ Your Rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to how your personal information is used, and some of these are set out below. You may also have additional rights in relation to the data we hold about you under applicable local laws.
If you wish to find out what information we hold about you, please use the contact details below. However, we may make a small charge for providing the information.
You have the right to have information about you corrected. If you need to amend any of your personal details, you can do so by logging into your account or by contacting us using the details below. Please ensure that you provide us with accurate personal details and update it as necessary.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know at any time. You can do this by editing the communication preferences in your account or by contacting us using the contact details below.
⬤ Contact Details
AVOS Trade s.r.o.
By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions of use and sale (the "Website Terms") and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Website Terms, you must not use our Site.
We may update these Website Terms from time to time, for example to comply with changes in the law or to take account of new ordering processes, goods or services that we may offer. You should therefore review these terms regularly to make sure you are happy with any changes that we may make.
⬤ Terms and Conditions of Use of our Website
The terms and conditions set out in this section cover your use of the Site and the features and services in it. Orders for products that you place through the Site are made in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Sale set out in section 2 of these Website Terms.
1.1 Contact Details
- The Site is operated by Canalogy s.r.o.
- If you have any questions about these Website Terms or any other customer service enquiries, then please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.2 Changes to our Site
- We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. Please note that content on our Site may not always be up to date, and we are not obliged to update it.
- We try not to post inaccurate information on our Site, but we cannot guarantee that our Site, or its content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
1.3 Accessing the Site
Access to the Site and any content made available on it (together referred to as the "Content") is permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or restrict access to all or any part of the Site and its Content without notice at any time for any reason.
1.4 Use of the Site
- You shall ensure that all persons who access the Site or any Content through your internet connection are aware of these Website Terms, and that they comply with them.
- You shall use the Site and Content only for lawful, non-commercial purposes and in accordance with the Website Terms.
- You shall not access or use the Site or Content, or attempt to do so:
- in any way that is fraudulent, or breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- attempt any unauthorised access to any part of the Site.
- in any way which may harm, cause offence to, or otherwise infringe any rights of any person in any way.
- to transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional or other materials of any nature (spam). Nor will you collect any information from the Site or Content which can be used to identify any individual personally.
- to interfere with, damage or disrupt the Site, any other website, or any computer equipment, network, systems or software. Interference, damage and disruption shall include, without limitation:
- knowingly transmitting any data, or sending or uploading any material that contains viruses or technologically harmful material; or
- denial of service attacks or distributed denial of service attacks; or
- accessing any website (or part of any site), computer equipment, network, systems or software that you are not authorised to access.
- We may report suspected breaches of these Website Terms to relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities which may include disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use the Site will cease immediately if you fail to comply with these Website Terms. We have the right to disable your account or ability to log into the Site at any time we reasonably consider that you have failed to comply with these Website Terms.
1.5 User Accounts
- If you create an account to use the Site then you must not allow anyone other than yourself to log into the Site using your details, or to use your account. You must treat all user names, passwords and other pieces of information used as part of our login security procedures (or those of the relevant social media website) as confidential, and you must not disclose any of them to any third party. You must also tell us as soon as you become aware that anyone may have obtained unauthorised access to your login details or to your account. We shall not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your login details, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or login details.
- You shall ensure that any information you provide to us in relation to the creation or use of your account on this Site is complete, accurate and up to date at all times.
- The Site may contain links to websites owned or operated by third parties. Your use of those websites is governed by the terms and conditions of the third parties that own or operate these websites.
- You may link to the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in a way that suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- Unless we otherwise agree, you must not:
- establish a link from any website unless you are the owner of that website, or have the owner's permission to do so; or
- frame the Site on any other website; nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission, or any functionality of the Site which permits linking or references to it from social media websites, without notice and without liability.
As the Internet is an open system and software cannot be exhaustively tested, we cannot guarantee that our Site will be completely secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should therefore ensure that you use appropriate virus protection and firewall software and ensure that you keep it up to date at all times when accessing the Site.
1.8 Disclaimer and Liability
- Nothing in this section shall affect any liability that we would otherwise have for (i) death or personal injury arising from our negligence, (ii) fraud, or (iii) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law, nor does it apply to any product purchased by you under section 2.
- Without prejudice to your rights under applicable law, the Site and all Content are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'AS AVAILABLE' basis without any representation, condition, warranty, endorsement, guarantee or other commitment.
- In particular, we do not give any representation, condition, warranty, endorsement, guarantee or other commitment that the Site or any Content are accurate, complete or up to date. Nor do we guarantee that their use or availability will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that they or any of the Site's servers or those of any relevant social media website are free of computer viruses or other technologically harmful material.
- You agree that it is your responsibility to make all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site, any social media websites with which this Site interacts and the Content, and to implement and maintain sufficient security measures (including but not limited to anti-virus software and appropriate firewalls).
- We have no control over the contents of any third party sites or resources which are linked to by the Site, or the functionality or content made available by any social media websites with which the Site interacts. We do not endorse them or any goods or services provided from them. You agree that you visit third party sites and use the relevant social media functionality entirely at your own risk and that we have no responsibility or liability for or in connection with your use of, your reliance on, or the unavailability of any of them.
- In no event will canalogy s.r.o be liable to you (whether for breach of contract, for negligence or in any other way) for any:
- distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material arising out of or in connection with your use of the site, your downloading of any content, or the use of any functionality allowing interaction with social media websites which is provided on the site; or
- business losses, including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of revenue, or loss of business opportunities or contracts, arising out of or in connection with your use of, your reliance on, or the unavailability of the site or any content.
1.9 Copyright, Trademarks, Patents and Other Rights
- We or the third parties that provide and host this Site and its Content for us are the owners or the licensees of all rights (including but not limited to patents, registered designs, design rights, copyright, database rights, trademarks, service marks, rights and goodwill in trade or business names, and rights in inventions, know-how and trade secrets) in the Site, and in all of the Content.
- You may print off copies and download a reasonable amount of extracts, of any page(s) from the Site or any Content, as reasonably required for your personal, non-commercial use.
- You shall not modify any hard paper or digital copies of any part of the Site or any Content that you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you shall not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You shall ensure that the status of us, our licensors and of any identified contributors, as the authors of the Site or any Content, is always acknowledged.
- You shall not download, reproduce, duplicate, copy or distribute any part of the Site or any Content other than as expressly permitted by these Website Terms without the prior written consent of us and our third party licensors.
- All names, images and logos identifying David Bukovjan are proprietary marks of David Bukovjan .All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this Site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. David Bukovjan does not give permission for their use by any person other than the relevant rights holders.
- Except as expressly set out in these Website Terms, nothing contained in these Website Terms gives any licence or right to use any of our, or our licensors' intellectual property rights. Use of any such intellectual property rights which is not permitted by the Website Terms may constitute an infringement of our intellectual property rights or those of our licensors.
⬤ Terms and Conditions of Sale
By placing an order on the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale and you also agree that they will form the basis of the contract for any purchases you make from the Site. If you do not wish to accept these Terms and Conditions of Sale or if you are unsure about the meaning of any part of them, then please do not place any orders on the Site.
2.1 Our products and product descriptions
- The images and descriptions of the products on our site are for illustrative purposes only, and do not constitute a warranty that the products will conform to those images or descriptions. Although we seek to display the colours as accurately as we can, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the products. Your products may vary slightly from those images.
- All sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site may contain errors.
- The packaging of the products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- If you have any doubts about colour, size or any other specification of the products you wish to order, we recommend you contact our customer services department, using the details given above in the Contact Details section prior to placing an order on the Site.
2.2 How to order
- If you wish to order something from the Site, you can do so by selecting the quantity you wish to purchase and then adding it to your basket.
- On the "your basket" page, you then choose your delivery options. You then go to the checkout page (either using the guest checkout or by logging into the Site), where you enter your delivery, billing address and payment details.
- Once you have completed your order, you will be asked to review it and confirm that it is correct. If it is not correct, you can revisit your order and correct the mistakes before confirming and submitting your order to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that your order is correct before submitting it to us. If you have any problems with your order, please contact our customer services department, using the details given above in the Contact Details section.
- To place your order, you will be directed to a secure website operated by our payment provider where you enter your payment information. You may also have to go through a transaction confirmation process with the issuer of the card that you are using to pay us. Once you have entered your payment information and your payment has been confirmed, you will then be directed to a final confirmation screen on the Site displaying the details of your order.
2.3 How contracts are formed between you and us
- Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- When you submit your order, you are offering to buy the products you order at the price set out in the order, subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale. You do not make this offer until you press "Pay Now" on the payment page.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your order by email. The order acknowledgement is not an acceptance by us of your order.
- No contract for the supply of the products that you have ordered is formed at that point and we do not have to accept your order. In particular, we may not accept your order if:
- we do not have the products in stock/the products in stock appear to be damaged;
- your payment is not authorised; or
- there is an error on our Site regarding the price or other details of the products.
- The contract between us for the supply of the products you have ordered is not formed until we despatch the products to you.
- If we are unable to supply you with a product, for example because that product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
We do our best to ensure that all products shown on the Site are available to order. If any products that you have ordered are out of stock or no longer available, we will attempt to contact you to arrange a refund or alternative later time for delivery. In addition, if the products are no longer available, we may offer you substituted products of a similar nature and quality.
- The prices on the Site apply only to products ordered through the Site. The prices on the Site are checked regularly to seek to make sure that they are correct but, inevitably, sometimes errors do occur.
- If a product has been incorrectly priced, we will inform you of the error and will give you the option to either proceed with your order at the correct price or cancel your order.
- If you confirm that you do wish to proceed, then for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions of Sale, this will be treated as you having submitted another order.
- The prices indicated on the Site include all taxes and duties payable for local shipping within Delivery Destinations. There may be additional taxes and duties shown at the checkout page for international shipping.
- Additional delivery charges may also apply in addition to the price for your ordered goods – see our Shipping and Returns Policy, which is incorporated into and forms part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale by reference.
- All payments must be made at the time of placing the order using the payment facilities on the Site.
- No payment will be treated as made until we have received it in cleared funds, and we will not despatch the goods until we receive payment in full.
- If we are unable to accept your order for any reason, then we will refund any money paid by you in respect of that order. If we have not yet taken payment from your debit/credit card, then we will not do so.
2.7 Ownership of Goods
You own the goods once we have received payment in full for them and they have been delivered to you.
For delivery details, please see our Shipping and Delivery Policy.
2.9 Our liability to you
- For further information about your legal rights and how they may be affected by these Terms and Conditions of Sale, including this section on our liability to you, we advise you to contact your local consumer protection agency or regulator.
- The products available for order through this Site are intended for purchase by consumer customers only for private non-commercial use. We shall not be liable to you (whether for breach of contract, negligence or in any other way) for any business losses, including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of revenue, or loss of business opportunities or contracts, arising out of or in connection with any order that you place for any products or any products supplied or to be supplied under any order.
2.10 Events outside our control
- We are not liable to you for losses which you suffer due to any event beyond our reasonable control. If such an event takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a contract with you:
- we will let you know as soon as we reasonably can; and
- our obligations will be suspended, and the time in which we have to perform those obligations will be extended for the duration of the relevant event. If the event affects our ability to deliver products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you once the event is over.
2.11 Your right to cancel
For your cancellation rights, please see our Return Policy.
- All communications between us and all contracts formed between us will be made and conducted in Angličtina.
- Please note that these Website Terms are governed by EU law. This means a Contract for the purchase of products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by EU law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any disputes between us. However, you may also have additional consumer rights under the local law where you live. This clause does not limit or exclude these rights and you will continue to benefit from them.
Billing and contact nformation:
|01575058||AVOS Trade s.r.o.
Praha 11, Chodov, Roztylská 1860/1